What does protect black minds mean to you?
One can say it means protecting those who are black and identify as black. One can also say it means to protect the integrity of, growth of, beauty of the intricate parts that make up our mind, black minds. We can all say that it is important to protect us!
10 ways you can further protect black minds as you continue life with this awareness:
1. Support mental health awareness agendas!
Ex. Become an advocate in the mental health field.
2. Encourage those around you on a micro and macro level.
Ex. Encourage thy neighbor! Invite a friend to a mental health event or volunteer your services for one.
3. Allow for open dialogue around uncomfortable/tough issues.
Ex. Talking through tough disagreements and agreeing to function in a positive stride (compromising).
4. Be a leader in your journey of life authentically and gracefully.
Ex. Embracing your mistakes, learning from them (takeaways), being patient with yourself.
5. Find sound and authentic leadership!
Be aware of people’s intentions and motives on all levels and realms.
6. Set BOUNDARIES FOR YOURSELF AND OTHERS.
Ex. Work through the guilt from saying no, check in with yourself, and give what you can.
7. Be KIND.
Ex. People fight battles that are invisible to the eye. Be patient; be caring.
8. If you lack the knowledge of anything, take a moment to further educate yourself.
Ex. Ask questions, research, and further educate yourself along with those around you.
9. Grow sound faith, awareness, and discernment.
Ex. Your relationship with your spirituality, your morality, and decision-making should model the growth and happiness that comes with that.
10. GO TO THERAPY. GET A MENTOR. SELF-CARE ISN'T UNIFORM FOR ALL; DO WHAT BRINGS YOU PEACE ☮️ AND HAPPINESS 😊
Writer: Sonya D Willis, LPC