I believe that every one of my clients comes into therapy with an incredible amount of strengths; my clients are often successful (even if they don’t feel like it), articulate, sensitive, kind and creative adults. They belong to their community as individuals, moms, friends and partners, and while they are engaged in their lives, they may be feeling stuck, lonely or lost.
My Background and Approach
It is my goal to offer a culturally responsive space where clients can:
- Engage in thought provoking self-reflection
- Grieve the hopes, dreams and the people they’ve lost
- Practice self compassion and non-jugement
- Examine patterns in relationships
- Build a coping skills toolbox
- Improve communication skills
- Consider new possibilities and solutions
- Explore the intersections in their cultural, gender and sexual identities
- Discuss the impact of institutionalized racism and micro-aggresions
My Personal Beliefs and Interests
I strongly believe in the value of culturally informed mental health services that acknowledge, affirm and advance needs of POC, women, the LGBTQ+ community and other marginalized communities.